Can someone explain what µTorrent RSS DLr compares against?

Cory_Jackson

I started with µTorrent awhile back and so far its' been going well. But from time to time the RS Downloader gives unexpected results. I suspect it's not comparing to the "Name" column but would like confirm.

Example: In the Name column of the RSS feed is a torrent NCIS.Los.Angeles... I want NCIS but not NCIS Los Angeles so I have a RSS DL that specifies a filter of "NCIS*" and not "*720p*|*Angeles*" yet the aforementioned torrent was downloaded. If I go to EZRSS's feed page the title of the torrent is "NCIS LA" so I was wondering if µTorrent is using the title in the RSS feed instead of the torrent name. I could see it using the RSS title, link (torrent name), description but I seriously doubt file name.

Also I noticed that µTorrent appears to show the RSS title then the file name after downloading. This might be some of my confusion as I might be trying to post mortem and not realize I'm considering the very similar file name. Anyway is there a way to disable this or at least some way of being able to see the RSS title after a file has downloaded?

But in any case can someone please tell me exactly what µTorrent compares my criteria against?

Thanks for the quick response. By "Name" do you mean <title> line of the RSS feed or the torrent's file name? It can tell what the torrent's file name is because its in the <link> line. µTorrent could simply parse out the name by eliminating everything before the last slash. I understand it would have no way of knowing what files would result from the torrent file.

I'm guessing it's the title and after trying to remember some of the recent failures I think I can see why my search exemptions were not working.

Attempting to figure out the filename from the link is impossible because not all links even have the .torrent filename as part of the URL. Some links are simply redirects to the actual .torrent files. Example? mininova's feeds. How would parsing names from those link directly work? It wouldn't.

And yes, I mean <title> when I say "Name".

Archived