uTorrent won't restore to screen when minimzed to system tray

data1701

Hi,

I'm having an issue with uTorrent not being able to restore from being hidden to the system tray (it's set to hide when minimized). It still works, ie: when I download a .Torrent file the Add New Torrent window appears and allows me to start downloading the file. When I click on the uTorrent icon in the system tray nothing happens, though sometimes a ghost of an empty windows falshes for a split second. If I right-click on the icon in the system tray the menu appears and clicking on hide/show uTorrent succeeds in adding the uTorrent icon to the taskbar but then clicking on that results in no action and hovering over for a preview shows an empty window. If I right click on the icon in the taskbar and click on uTorrent the icon simply disappears.

The only way I can get the program to show is to end the uTorrent process and then run the installation file.

Any help is appreciated!

I'm using uTorrent beta 2.0 (however I had the same issue with 1.8.5) on Win7 Home Premium with AVG Free 9.0 and no spyware removal apps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Same problem here........... it has only started happening recently, and the program has not responded to a system restore, from a date, way before the problem started ? Any help out there ?? I'm running XP....... thanks

further to above, cannot get the program to close down ?

Archived