"Network OK" but not connecting to peers/seeds in swarm (ubuntu/.wine)

maja_z

I'm running utorrent 1.8.2 on ubuntu (through wine). I've managed to open the ports and finally get a green icon, however I'm not getting any connections even though there are hundreds of peers and seeds in the swarms. Here's a screenshot, only one torrent is actually connecting, the rest not? I have no idea why this is so?

A side note, I'm not able to update to a newer version. I get some sort of error about not being able to do something with the language files... But this is probably a ubuntu/.wine issue. If someone could explain the connection issue to me, that would me amazing though!

m.

2540051.jpg

I'm using wine 1.0.1

When I try to update 10 1.8.4 (I get the request everytime I startup anyway) I get the following warnings:

"There was a problem downloading the language file for utorrent. Please try later."

click OK and then:

"There was a problem downloading the update for utorrent. Please try later or visit http://www.utorrent.com. Sorry about the inconvenience."

I only downloaded 1.8.2. because on my first try with wine I couldn't get 1.8.5 to work. Some forum threads recommended 1.8.2 was the last one to work and could then be updated, so I installed 1.8.2 instead. Interestingly the update option finds 1.8.4 and not .5 as the latest version?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, but I'm not sure about what you mean by dev. As in development i.e. beta? Which version should I install?

Obviously this is a ubuntu/wine issue, which is probably inappropriate for this thread, but what about the ulimit issue, is there any way I could check if that is really the problem?

m.

OK, so I uninstalled wine and reinstalled the 1.1.33 version. I then installed the 1.8.5 version of utorrent. No problems there!

Reloading all the torrents and changing bt.transp_disposition to 255 and net.max_halfopen to 50 (don't ask, I picked this up somewhere and it seems to work like a charm) and I get the following result:

2543331.jpg

Which is quite remarkable! The only problem is that now the network icon is red! Even though I haven't changed any of the settings from the previous installation. I've forwarded to the same port that I believe is open on my machine and portforwarded on the router.

Now since it works so well, I don't know if I should be bothering with the icon - is it displaying correctly? I would like to be certain that the port is forwarded correctly!

edit: if this helps, the logger says

[2009-11-21 17:11:38] TCP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:6881: (10048) Error 10048

6881 is the port I have opened and forwarded to, not sure why its not working anymore!?

Archived