uTorrent is off.. yet still heavy activity on the ports..?

Flip

See topic.. basically, utorrent is off.. not running, not in process list, etc etc. It's OFF

However I still see steady traffic on the port it uses (32459)

so.. yeah. When I turn something off, I like it to be off completely. Why is this happening?

Yah µTorrent's not to blame -- the peers are still requesting DHT information from your computer after µTorrent's exited.

-- You can't really do that... only wait for them to realize that you're not connected any more. Disabling DHT might alleviate this, but you'll lose any benefits of DHT (obviously =P).

Who knows if any connection is even being established? I believe Flip was checking his firewall for this information, and the firewall, if set up properly, should pass the ports on anyhow -- whether or not it's actually being used or will establish a connection is a different story... or at least that's how I see it. And the same thing happened to me before. ZoneAlarm allowed connection to pass by the firewall, but since the port wasn't being used in the first place, no connection was established.

Hur I should've specified a bit more.

On my hunt for spyware and related stuff on the network here, I was running CommView (monitors traffic going in and out of the internet from different clients)and there's just a steady stream of hits on that port coming from my own private IP..

I used the firewall/router to block the port and it's quiet

Archived