Only seeding to other uTorrent users or seeding slow

webbson

As the topic says: I can only seed på other users with uTorrent or really slow to users with other clients. Whilest I try to seed in Bitcomet I get real high u/l speed. Seems to be a problem with this.

The problem is even worse when only downloading a part and then seeding it. Then i can only connect to other uTorrent users.

Super seeding, I believe, is when the only parts of a file which are seeded and allowed for upload are those that have not periously been requested by any peers.

It's useful if you're seeding a new torrent. You'll be the only person with a complete source, so rather than having two peers request the same data, if you send different chunks of data to each, it then opens up the possibility they can request data off each other well as the main source currently seeding. It allows for fasted distrobution of new torrents.

Hope that makes sense and is correct.. :shock:

Yup, You said it correctly. Simply put, Super Seeding should only be used when you are the ONLY seed on the torrent, as its purpose is to quickly distribute a new copy out there.

What it does, is sent each piece of the torrent out to the peers before it sends out the same piece again. That makes sure that all the pieces will be on some peer or another quickly, so the peers can exchange pieces between each other creating seeds faster aswell.

A seed has 100% of the data and shares it with the peers =]

If you're seeding, people download from you. To do that, you have to make a torrent, publish it on a tracker, start the torrent, and wait for people to download from you.

If you're downloading, you just start the download in utorrent and wait to connect to people to download from (which usually shouldn't take long).

Archived