[wine] version 1.8.5 doesn't start

quezak

As the FAQ says, µTorrent works very well on Linux under wine. Or at least 1.8.2 does. When I open the 1.8.5, it normally installs, but after clicking the "Finish" button nothing happens. µTorrent's process is listed as "sleeping" and nothing appears on the screen. When I kill the process and start µTorrent, it shows the installation again. Any clues how to make the new version work?

(I'm using wine 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 9.10)

Just updated to wine 1.1.33, but same problem occurs. The only difference I saw is that when running uT second time, the installation was in Polish (on first run, and on wine 1.0.1, installation was always downloading Polish translation but was in English). I also must correct one thing - the installation window disappears after clicking the "Install" button.

• 2 weeks later...

when the console says "donach@donach-laptop:~$" it means that you are in ~, wchich means your home directory, which means /home/donach. Basic commans are: ls - list the current directory, pwd - print current path, cd - change directory ("cd .." means go one directory up). So if you downloaded utorrent.exe to the desktop, you should probably write "cd Desktop" or something like that (it depends on the linux distribution, remember that names are case sensitive). When you are in the directory with utorrent.exe, type the command I wrote in previous post.

Archived