uTorrent doesn't limit upload

quezak

I set the upload limit to 22kBps. The upload counter on status bar shows a value around 20kBps, but my system monitor constantly shows 35kBps, which means uTorrent eats up ALL the upload! It's sure uTorrent, because when I pause all torrents, upload is zero. Any clues how to fix the limiting? With no upload left I cant browse the web fluently :(

It may be important that I run uTorrent 1.8.2 under wine, and before I upgraded my Ubuntu to 9.10 uTorrent never caused problems.

I was using version 1.0.1. Just upgraded to 1.1.33 and the problem still occurs. The system overall upload is always about 15kBps higher than upload shown in uTorrent, however when I pause all torrents system upload is zero.

EDIT: Just managed to run version 1.8.5. Unfortunately situation didn't change.

It seems like enabling that option solved the problem. Thanks for help.

=== EDIT ===

Hey, I'm back again, with the same problem...

I have 3 completed, seeding torrents, but they're not very popular, so the upload rate in uT is zero, but overall system upload is constantly about 20kBps :/ when I stop all the torrents system upload is really zero, so it's certailny uT what eats my upload... Wine 1.1.33, uT 1.8.5, limit local peers now enabled(but doesn't change anything) Help me!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived