Pepwave surf AP 200 can't portforward, help please.

Lillybum

Hello,

I hope someone can help me here. I just started using the Pepwave surf AP. This is wireless service provided by my city. I have a PC and was given (by my city) the pepwave and cable to hook-up to my computer. I can surf the internet easliy with no speed issues. My downloads are very slow. I did the speed check and made the proper adjustments. My problem is I can't portforward because I can't get into the Peps config settings. Could this be blocked by my city? The red dot at the bottom of utorrent (witch should be green) is saying my router/firewall is limiting my network traffic, not connectable and I need to open a port. I have windows XP and use windows firewall and the exception is there. I have read all the help guides and I'm still not sure what to do. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.

No, that's definitely not why it's cheap; there can be other reasons (government sponsored/subsidized, slow/unreliable/unguaranteed service, etc). It just happens that wireless ISPs don't allow port forwarding from the user's end almost purely due to the way it is designed. Either way, there isn't any equipment that would help.

You won't necessarily have slow downloads forever, but you'll definitely be handicapped.

Archived