Insuffucient system resources exist to complete the requested service

woot

Using 1.41 beta 425 (updated from 421 because the same thing happened on 421).

I load a 1.3gb torrent, set the destination directory for the files on disk H which has 15 gigs of free space. Shortly after the download starts (5-10 seconds, when only ~300-400 kb has been downloaded) I get that error: "Insuffucient system resources exist to complete the requested service" and the download stops. Resuming the download results in the same error again.

The only previous download I've done using uTorrent was smaller (700mb) and worked fine.

Windows XP SP2, NOD32, Agnitum Outpost firewall. Wireless internet connectino through a D-Link router.

Any idea what's going on?

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems. They appeared initially in Beta 421, then subsequently in 425. It never happened until I tried the beta releases - but now I've reverted back to 1.4 (build 402) the issue remains.

I've 25 torrents loaded, plenty of h/d space and a Sempron 3300/1Gb running XP SP2.

Any help gratefully received :)

Cheers,

Terra Cresta

this is a little strange when asureus, which is considered to be a LOT more resource consuming than µTorrent works just fine. as a test I've used Asureus to download a 2.4gb game torrent.

then I closed it, opened µTorrent (425) and loaded a 700mb movie torrent. µTorrent gave me a "Insuffucient system resources exist to complete the requested service" before I even downloaded 1mb.

Archived