µTorrent 1.8.5 build 17414 Blocking Outlook 2007

timmins

Yesterday I updated from µTorrent 1.8.4 build 16150 to µTorrent 1.8.5 build 17414. The first thing I noticed is that it was blocking Outlook 2007 from syncing my emails. It's either effecting my Norton internet security or the µTorrent 1.8.5. It would just sit there scanning incoming emails. Is there something I'm missing that needs configuring or is there a bug in µTorrent 1.8.5. I switched back to µTorrent 1.8.4 and everything worked find.

When you updated, the firewall sees that uTorrent's exe just got "infected" by unknown changes.

Why would it start now? I have been updating uTorrent for the last 3 or 4 years. I'm wondering if uTorrent is screwing up the port settings of Outlook. I'm going to try again upgrading but this time I'm going to remove uTorrent from Nortons NIS before I re-install uTorrent. By the way, it not the 360 version.

I have it working. I shutdown utorrent and Outlook. Removed all entries in NIS for utorrent. Installed µTorrent 1.8.5 build 17414 again. Utorrent started by itself after installation. I started Outlook 2007 and sent two emails. One within Outlook and the other from without. I received both emails. So far everything is working, I'll let you know if I have more trouble. Thanks everyone for your help.

Archived