Some but not all torrentz simply stopped downloading and no new ones

guyontheroad

Two days ago, of my blue-flagged torrentz, some stopped downloading with eg 0(23) seeds 0(359) peers and have not since resumed, while others trundle along as normal. And no newly added ones will even start downloading. They aren't Mininova so what's going on, folks? I switched from Telefonica to Vodafone around the same date. If all the torrentz were blocked it would make the situation clearer, but I still have half a dozen downloading as per norm. Would appreciate your collective wisdom on solving this. Thanks.

DreadWingKnight, thanks for sticking in there. I had to do to work, goddamit, so couldn't get back to you b4.

Forbear with this old geezer a while longer...

Preferences / Queuing screenshot:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2681/queuing.png

I allow 30 down and 30 uploads. I don't think the settings are limiting the downloads.

It is verily a conundrum. Can you solve it, I wonder?

Righto. DWK, thanks a million, I am getting Laurel & Hardy and Patrick Troughton as the Doctor again.

I am going to open a bottle of wine in your honour. From Madrid, salud, amigo.

And by the way, check out the "conceptual Flettner spray vessel with Thom fences" in the 2000 - 2050 timeline on the new Royal Society site (ptetty dull apart from that).

http://trailblazing.royalsociety.org/

By another way, it's a fine wine I drink your health to, a Ribeira de Duero Crianza.

In any case, your total upload slots (upload slots per torrent TIMES active torrents) needs to be less than your upload speed max.

Ideally, upload speed per upload slot needs to be >3 KB/sec.

So for 38 KB/sec total upload speed, that only leaves about 13 upload slots...spreading that between 4 torrents is barely 3 upload slots per torrent.

In short, reduce upload slots per torrent to 2 or 3...but keep the thing checked below to allow more.

Archived