µtorrent extension for Google Chrome

utorrentchrome

Hi everyone !! :D

I developped an extension for Google Chrome so you can check your torrents from everywhere directly from your web browser. Almost all functionnalities are implemented, some are missing but should be developped soon.

It is the first release and it works pretty fine for me. Please forgive me if you find some bugs, I will make my best to correct them fast.

You can download it from here :

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jjhaafelbmbpohgmabippkndaaikgdih

If you have any suggestions, please tell me and I will try to implement them as soon as I can.

If you like it, support this extension by posting a comment in the Google extensions website (with 5 stars :D).

Thank you all, µtorrent rocks !!! :)

utorrentchrome

utorrentchrome@gmail.com

I myself can't get it to work somehow I just keep getting the default about screen.

I think it might be of this piece of code in utorrent.html:

var pos1 = result.indexOf("[");
pos1 += 19;
var pos2 = result.indexOf("]]");
pos2 += 1;
result = result.slice(pos1, pos2);

var result2 = result.split("],");

This probably doesn't work on the µtorrent 2.1 list=1 which now includes more fields. Might be a good idea to find a more generic way to split off the torrent list.

Also I see from the code (and the request I get in µtorrent's logger tab when I enable WebUI request logging) that you don't have token auth support.

Besides those two things it looks good though :P

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I agree with you I have to improve the parsing.

I haven't checked yet the API for µtorrent 2 but I will when this version will be finalized.

And thank you for the token auth link, I will include this to get rid of the webUI gui authentification. :)

:P

Edit : token auth support and auto login are completed. It will be released soon ;-)

• 1 month later...

If you are trying to connect to µTorrent locally or from another computer in the same (home) LAN:

Find the µTorrent computer's IP by visiting Start > Run > cmd /k ipconfig. Look for the IP(v4)-address line. note: If there multiple such lines it is likely the IP that looks either like 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x and it is often listed under the first Ethernet adapter.

Over the internet:

Find the µTorrent computer's IP by visiting WhatIsMyIP.com on it.

In this case, if you have a router, you have to forward the port in it.

For more info see accessing the webui section of this topic.

I started using the Google Chrome Extension today - v1.3

Server - As stated above - use cmd then /ipconfig - get your IPv4 Address (192.168.x.x)

Port - Open uTorrent, Preferences, Connection, port used for incoming connections. - DONT USE RANDOM PORT.

Login - Use your forum name for uTorrent.com

Password - Use your password for uTorrent.com

Refresh Interval - A matter of personal preference - based on seconds, mine is at 900 for every 15 minutes.

Works immediately with these settings and retrieves all data accurately, options all work - deleting torrents etc, info matches accurately to uTorrent 2.0 (Build 197920)

Hope that helps you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Must say I don't get what people here are talking about as it works perfect for me.

However, only on http! I have set up an ssl wrapper for my utorrent webui as I really don't consider sending my password in plaintext to be a good practice.

This however makes some of the very nifty extensions such as this one unavailable as they don't support https.

Could you please add this functionality as it otherwise is a very good extension?

• 2 years later...

I just realized that this thread is the original owner of the uTorrent easy client. I just wanted to say thank you for this add-in, it is fantastic!!! I am curious of one possible modification. Is there any chance that the code could be modified to automatically assign a default label to each torrent?

Just an idea, but would it be possible to modify the folder assignment in the context menu to choose either labels or folders? This would allow users to use either feature.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived