Windows 7

RiKKuXd

hi ive got prob ive just upgraded to windows 7 professional and got the new version of utorrent for a couple of weeks now i have only got speeds up to 60kilbytes or if im up to 400kil but now its gone back down to 60 ive got a 5.45mbites connection speed.and it was working fine windows vista and windows 7 rc copy. please can somone help regards baggy

my college has cyberoam firewall....earlier wen i used to hav xp i used to get great download speeds....now i switched to windows 7 and i get negligable speeds.....im not getting connected to seeds at all. i've done all... like exceptions in firewall...i use utorrent 1.8.5 latest network drivers...disabled windows caching of disks etc.....any help wud be appreciated...it must be somrthing with windows 7 coz sum of my friends r still using xp and getting gud speeds

hi...I have the same problem. I updated from 1.8.4 version to 1.8.5 and suddenly I don't get any speed. I used to get 600kb/s and after the update hardly 5kb/s. I tried everything. Reinstalled utorrent, checked the antivirus(Eset), checked the Windows Firewall, checked the Router, used the portforwarding and nothing helps. Tested my speed and I get 900kb/s. I don't know if it has something to do with Windows 7. Could someone help me please? Here is the result of my speed test.

http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/07174621.png

I'm reasonably sure Malta's ISPs will throttle BitTorrent, because they have to get all their bandwidth via underwater cables.

Encryption-wise, you might get better results doing this:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=46778

or this:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58714

(NOTE: Those settings were a special case for a wireless ISP, so understand them before you try them!)

Before I am using windows xp and my speed in downloading is 50-56kbps and i have no problem with that because im used to it as my speed...now I just installed a fresh copy of window 7..my only problem is my downloads decreased 10 so now my speed in downloads averagely is only 38-43kbps..what seems to be the problem? I just want my download speed like in my WinXP.

(By the way all settings in utorrent are the same (in my win xp and win7))

(By the way all settings in utorrent are the same (in my win xp and win7))

Which doesn't help to describe what they were...

You could have exceeded some thresholds, before that your network was barely holding together without noticeable problems.

You could be on very unreliable torrents.

Or on torrents that are hitting your connection with 1000's of incoming peers/seeds per minute. (Only the best networking hardware and software will hold up even a few minutes under such strain.)

You ISP (that I don't recognize) may have just started or just increased their BitTorrent throttling and/or disruption.

But without more information all I can do is guess...

all people i know that use utorrent & have the same ISP never had problems .

today i went downstairs with my laptop & connected it via an Ethernet cable via my mode, i had good speed. I am now supposing it is the wireless internet the problem. [i have a toshiba satellite A500-17X]

Archived