µTorrent 2.0 released

Firon

I'm just wondering why Xunlei and BitComet refuses to exchange packets with uTorrent 2.0 (17920) on a torrent with many/mostly Xunlei and BittComet peers, no seeds. I mean exchanged very few packets or not connect at all. Availability was about 2.7. After nearly a week, transferred at a snail's pace. Stopped torrent, replaced utorrent.exe with 1.85 (17414). Transfer immediately picked up and it finished in a day and a half. Is there compatibility issues with other clients?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi rafi,

It didn't help, I suspect those clients are hard coded to refuse to or only transfer very little with clients versions that they do not recognize. I seem to remember something similar happening on torrents from Asia when v1.8.x was released. I'm just hoping those other clients will be updated, and or also have uTP capabilities so as to connect efficiently with others. I'm almost certain that Xunlei and BitComet will only connect fast when connected to themselves. I've noticed that BitComet is vanishing rather quicly from Asia, replaced by Xunlei. Xunlei is notorious for sucking all your bandwith and very quickly sharing everything you have with other Xunlei users, but at least with 1.8.5 I can eventually finish, albeit very slowly. I've tried everything mentioned in earlier posts as well.

[2010-02-16 17:53:45] DNS resolution failed for tracker udp://...

I think this message on logger is annoying and made other message which important more than falling to bottom or gone.

Seems not neccessary for logger, I think just "offline" or "timed out" status on tracker tab is enough.

Thank you and again I'm not strong in Engslish. ^^

@Greg Hazel - yes, bt.tcp_rate_control=true seems to give me worse throughput than if set to false (it seems to be about half the throughput). This isn't based on a test environment, just watching the throughput graphs on ut and netmeter.

I've been using bt.tcp_rate_control=false for about 3 days now.

I had a 'not responding' problem with uTorrent 2.0 build 18097 (Vista x64) - my first problem like this with 2.0. I did make a dump file, but the zipped version is still 117 MB (228 MB unzipped) so I have not uploaded it anywhere.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: uTorrent.exe

Application Version: 2.0.0.18097

Application Timestamp: 4b71f149

Hang Signature: c881

Hang Type: 1

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Hang Signature 1: 0b04634348ac08ff6f32d70a39c46169

Additional Hang Signature 2: e3ae

Additional Hang Signature 3: 2f6f153f782d4d92d61ff26f8cbc448d

Additional Hang Signature 4: e86b

Additional Hang Signature 5: d8d621ff4a43eebea5581961def6d770

Additional Hang Signature 6: 7899

Additional Hang Signature 7: afd47b10e51b8901d6258d269fda049e

Hello all,

I've just upgraded to uTorrent 2.0 and i was wondering where the port checker feature from the setup guide went. I've looked trough the interface and the help and i couldn't find it. Is this just fail on my part or is it gone? If so, why? I found it rather useful.

Archived