Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 2.0 released

This 2.0 is technically newer, but you must've enabled beta updates. Beta updates are considered newer, even if the build number is older.

After update to 2.0 build 18296 uTorrent is consuming 50% of processing power, my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 and it surely haven't consumed that much before. This is a problem, how can I downgrade?

I know that this happened after upgrade, and the uTorrent process is consuming a lot of resources, this is not normal. How do you propose to troubleshoot this?

they'll kill me here, but have to say it anyway - "statistically" that explains it... :( search the forums... (is the speed-graph on when it happens ?)

Speed graph is always on.

But I think the problem is in my router, recently I bought a Linksys WRT120N router and with this router I have the problems, with my old router I have no problems.

The tracker is reporting garbage, that's for sure, but I'm surprised uTorrent doesn't clamp the value down to something sane. :P

always blame it on the tracker... :P

@DWK: was the cluster issue for OOo_3.1.1_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe OpenOffice trackers fixed? I still get unmatched peers #s from most trackers (seed #s are OK) . Especially this one, that shows 1 on the tracker's tab and ~180 on the main view.

Name Status Update In Seeds Peers Interval Min Interval Downloaded

http://clients-tracker.enlist-a-distro.net:9800/announce scrape ok 302 1 30m 0s 25m 0s 0

fyi

>>No, and don't put the extra lines between the trackers for openoffice torrents. You're causing a DoS attack.

Are you serious? How?

By putting them in separate tiers (that's what the extra newline does), uTorrent will connect to ALL OF THEM at once.

Should ALL trackers be in a single tier? I was under the impression that trackers on different namespaces (domains) should be in separate tiers.

Openoffice torrents run on a linked tracker cluster.

I know this because I helped set it up.

Announcing to all the trackers is a complete and utter waste of resources for both you as a downloader and us as tracker administrators.

And no, different domains is NOT the deciding factor for wether or not trackers need to be in separate tiers.

So in short... unless there's a specific reason to separate them (my guess would be private trackers?), keep them in the same tier?