Build 412 & later = disk access errors if digitally extracting from CD

dudeboyz

I starting running build 412 on my Win XP machine (a bit behind the testing curve lately) and if I have it running in the background and extract audio from a music CD or audio book, I get a big old error saying write delay failed, data was lost and my hard drive letter for drive E: (the drive I'm extracting too) disappears until I reboot.

If I go back to build 380, there are no issues that I can find at all.

The error is 100% reproduceable with 412 and later builds on my particular system. It's really freaky.

Just wanted to report this in the hopes it will help.

But WHY, for Pete's sake, don't you want to test it with Build 426? :| 'Cause as I was saying, in the screenshot I provided, I couldn't reproduce your error (with virtually the same software), which makes me think something is wrong on your end. If the same error still happens with Build 426, then I'll download Audiograbber seperately - just for you - and try to reproduce this error, again. :/

@dudeboyz: If you're going to use the beta, you have to update to the latest version if you want to continue submitting bug reports to us... it's not helpful to us if you're telling us about an error that occurred in earlier versions that was fixed in a later build. Whether it was noted in the changelog isn't relevant, as ludde sometimes forgets to add stuff into the changelog, and some changes might fix other problems that ludde didn't know about. So as 1c3d0g said, try build 426 and report back -- 412 was released more than half a month ago.

Also, we're not blaming "THAT program instead of Utorrent" because we think there's no fault in µTorrent, as your tone makes it out to be. We place the blame where we do (at least right now) because no one else has reported this problem, and it seems more isolated than not.

You feel there is no fault in Utorrent. How typical.

The problem does not occur with ANY other piece of software in combination with the CD audio ripper.

It also does NOT occur with build 380 of Utorrent.

It DOES occur with 412.

Hence, the thought that something changed between 380 and 412 that causes this error.

why don't you try using another ripper? perhaps if you had tried one several days ago instead of continually bitching about it, you might've found out if it was jsut that one particular burner software

That's the EXACT attitude I'm talking about.

There is very likely a problem within UTORRENT itself, yet you attack me instead of saying you'll look into it.

Pathetic.

And this is the attitude I have to deal with all day, many people who think the problem is NOT on their end, but someone else's.

There's an equal possibility it's not µTorrent. if it happens to you with another ripper (especially one like EAC), it may very well be µTorrent, or it could STILL be hardware problems.

You've been complaining for 4 days, and instead of just -trying- another ripper to rule out your ripper being broken, you just complain here. That's all I'm asking, try another ripper software.

Oh, and:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330174

http://bermangraphics.com/problems/delayedwritefailure.htm

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=23&threadid=50468

http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive11-2004-12-117632.html

http://hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/22061/

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11182-0.html?forumID=79&threadID=185245

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-68049.html

http://geekswithblogs.net/rahulroy/archive/2005/08/12/50005.aspx

@dudeboyz: All I see YOU doing is bitching and saying it's µTorrent, whether it's on the forums, or on Fileforum. Please learn to read and tell me what I wrote in my post to you earlier. Need me to quote?

Also, we're not blaming "THAT program instead of Utorrent" because we think there's no fault in µTorrent, as your tone makes it out to be. We place the blame where we do (at least right now) because no one else has reported this problem, and it seems more isolated than not.

Well, gee, we "feel there is no fault in Utorrent." Now why don't you try another application and tell us if the same thing occurs? You're telling us we're not willing to do anything about it? Well guess what? It goes both ways, and right now, the responsibility's on your end of the stick. You tell us if it's actually µTorrent -- and testing the same application over and over proves nothing. What's pathetic is YOU not wanting to test YOUR OWN computer to see if anything on it is the problem and just scapegoating µTorrent. We're not being unreasonable here. It's normal procedure to test everything on your end first before reporting it as a bug, ESPECIALLY if you're beta testing. Beta tests are here because we need beta testers who can actually provide enough information for us to deem the bug reproducable, reproducable being the keyword. If it can't be reproduced, how can it be fixed? If it's not reproducable, how can we guarantee that it's even a problem with µTorrent? Stop being lazy, or we'll just use the "How typical" phrase on you instead, typical being the typical "I don't feel like following advice, so I'll just blame it on whatever's more convenient" kind of user.

Still think we think nothing is µTorrent's fault? Look around at the hundreds -- if not, thousands -- of other threads where we have accepted the fact that there's a problem with µTorrent. And then look at all the multitude of threads where people have reported problems that turned out to be isolated and on their end. Then tell us if we're being unreasonable. And believe me, if we thought every other bug was not µTorrent's, then no one would be using it because of all the (at the moment) real show-stopper bugs it would have. Not to mention the fact that the TODO forum would be completely void of bugs to fix.

By the way... you know, it's kinda hard trying to help someone who starts a thread fully expecting us to challenge him. It's this perception you have of us that's blinding you from our actual intention of helping you... Just try following our troubleshooting advice, otherwise, why are you posting in the troubleshooting forums? =]

Do not take this post to be a flame, or any kind of discouragement from further correspondence, as it's just to explain the error of your views at the moment.

Also...I still, for the life of me, cannot comprehend WHY you won't test it with the latest Build (Build 427 as of today) first. Damn! It's not that hard, you know? :/

Edit: and here you go, tested it again with Audiograbber 1.83 & µTorrent Build 427, guess what?!? No problems, at all! :o Which, AGAIN brings us to the all-important question: is there something wrong on your end? :|

noerror8xw.th.png

I had been reluctant to test the latest version, due to the hardcare nature of the error (lost data and all) but after Ghosting my system, I tried 427 - It causes the SAME error. Repeatable.

So 412 and 427 cause the error. If I run 380, there is no error generated. I re-tested all 3 versions on all 3 different machines. The bug would certainly SEEM to be with uTorrent

Try reading the MS support article :P this error is apparently very common, and all those articles are about the write delay issue. It also seems to be either a hardware issue or messed up settings in Windows, judging from all the pages about it, not anything with any specific software. If that's the case for you, then EAC and other rippers should cause the same error.

Archived