Idea about countries in peer list.

shadek

When I check a certain peer list in a torrent, I see the flag (I've chosen to resolve ip). Here's the thing; I don't know all the flags. Some are unkown to me, and I suppose most of us doesn't know the total 200 flags that exist. It would be neat if I held the mouse-cursor on the flag and it'd say xxx (the country's name), in case you don't know which country the flag belongs to.

hovering on the image and displaying the country name as a tooltip is better.. takes no screenspace and works fine :)
No other client will teach you how to type Greek letters.

then u could add No other client will teach you which flag belongs to which country.

Actually, that was the idea I meant. :)

It'd be a neat feature.

To clear something up: Firon is not the developer/programmer/coder of µTorrent. Ludde is.

Oh, I apologize then. I'm quite new in this forum and the only person I saw with administrator powers was Firon. :-)

Yeah, any implements of the above mentioned would rock!

Mm... Other than the tray icon and buttons, I've yet to see tooltips flying around in the application... so tooltips probably shouldn't be used (if this is added), since it breaks down the consistency. Columns would do just fine, and they can be disabled anyway (dAbReAkA).

• 11 months later...

Yes, I agree.

I love the country flags that show up in the "Peers" list.... it's fun to see where this stuff is coming from, and where it's going to...

However, I don't recognize about half of those flags... and if I can't make out the extension on the listed domain (i.e. ....co.uk or whatever), then I have no idea what country they are (without googling it or something).

I would like to see a "Screen Tips" text on each one.... so that when my mouse hovers over the flag, it displays, "Ireland", or whatever country that flag represents...

By the way...

DO THE DEVELOPERS even READ this forum?

I'm no developer but as a user this is the way I look at it, two ways to achieve tht :-

1. Use bandwidth resources to know which country the flag is on

2. Have something local (some kinda databases) which resolves the thing on the fly.

For the 1st they would have to see but for the 2nd I'm using something similar for the browser http://www.rleeden.no-ip.com/firefox/flagfox/ Mind u it does take quite a beating in the memory foot-print area but I'm prepared to give tht much memory space (know many people might not) but just my 2 paise/cents :)

• 5 months later...

If everyone came to us and told us they requested a feature from [iNSERT DATE] and that [iNSERT CLIENT] does (or doesn't) do this, and expect those to be reasons for things to be implemented in µTorrent, then µTorrent wouldn't be so µ anymore now would it? It's no reason to get angry either, considering the fact that requests get outright rejected all the time; at least this one wasn't a flat-out "no."

That said, I'm still mostly indifferent to this request, and am still of this opinion regarding tooltips.

• 2 months later...

I wasn't angry. I was frustrated, hence my polite tone. There's a difference.

I believe a feature having been requested often, a long time ago, and being available in a competitor's program are all compelling reasons to implement it. If not, then the only thing that matters is the programmers' whim and if that were the case, there wouldn't be a Feature Request forum in the first place. I'm not a programmer, but I'm fairly sure adding tooltips wouldn't bloat µTorrent by a few megabytes or anything. I would still appreciate this feature, even though by now I'm nearly an expert when it comes to flags and ccTLDs ;)

All right, I think that about covers it. To summarize: a) I'm not angry, and B) Pretty please with sugar on top :D

• 1 year later...

Archived