Can't view main window

gunrunnerjohn

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I have version 6.3c installed.

Once I minimize the main page to the tray, I can't restore it. When I use the Hide/SHow BitTorrent menu entry, an icon shows up on the taskbar, but it doesn't open the main page. Sometimes, clicking on the icon will momentarily flash up the main page, but it immediately disappears. Selecting close on the taskbar just pops the icon back a bunch of times, finally it'll disappear. I'm guessing the number of times is the same number as the queued torrents, but that's just a guess. I stopped BitTorrent and deleted the options.dat and options.dat.bak files and restarted, that didn't fix it.

Torrents are running fine, I just can't get to the main page to manage them. I can even add a torrent and it appears to get added to the list.

How do I get the main page back.

Of course, how else would I see the Hide/SHow BitTorrent menu entry. I've also totally uninstalled it with REVO Uninstaller and then rebooted and installed again, same effect.

Edit: For some reason, I can't seem to get a new message to post, they just keep disappearing!

In any case, I've figured it out. It's not uTorrent, it's Desksoft WindowManager screwing up.

• 2 months later...

i have the same problem, win 7 and version 6.3c, and an invisible main window, i have tried reinstalling and nothing happened, i tried to roll back to a previous version and nothing:( please help.

@gunrunnerjohn. . . did you manage to retrieve your main window? if so could you let me know how, in the most idiot-proof way, i am a complete noob with Bittorrent

Archived