Windows 7 event id 4227/teredo issue?

Chryss

Hi all,

Recently got a new machine running Windows 7 64 bit. Downloaded and installed latest uT and copied over my settings files from my old XP machine. Everything is running fine, however I noticed the following in the event viewer multiple times:

Log Name: System

Source: Tcpip

Date: 12/22/2009 2:35:42 PM

Event ID: 4227

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: xxxxxx

Description:

TCP/IP failed to establish an outgoing connection because the selected local endpoint was recently used to connect to the same remote endpoint. This error typically occurs when outgoing connections are opened and closed at a high rate, causing all available local ports to be used and forcing TCP/IP to reuse a local port for an outgoing connection. To minimize the risk of data corruption, the TCP/IP standard requires a minimum time period to elapse between successive connections from a given local endpoint to a given remote endpoint.

Through some research I discovered this is probably due to ipv6 not being enabled on this machine. I attempted to disable ipv6 in uT using the netsh set command (uninstall command didn't work, but set disable did). The button for ipv6 install is no longer greyed out in uT, however the log still shows it being enabled (however does not grab a teredo address) - and this error persists.

Any suggestions?

Right. Like I said, I'm trying to get ipv6 turned off in uT. I did the netsh disable command, which worked, but it didn't recognize netsh uninstall as a valid command. The button for enable ipv6 is no longer greyed out in uT, however it is still showing in the log that it is enabled, but not that it's grabbing a teredo address. I'm unsure how to resolve this since the uninstall command isn't valid (windows 7 change, I guess)? IP resolve is off.

Archived