Lost all settings (file paths, rss feeds....) how to restore?

forschi

After installing utorrent by a mistake after allready installed i think, I have lost all settings. No torrents are loaded, all my rss-feeds and filters are gone, downloading, downloaded torrents are all blanked out.

Im nor all sure, but this might also have happened after RegTool "fixed" my computer....

Anyone have any tips on how to restor my settings again? Have tried to go back to an earlier restore point, no luck there :/

Try to search your disk(s) for those files: 'settings.dat' and 'resume.dat'. Try also to find settings.old or resume.old (sort of automatic backups). If you can retrieve these files than you will find all your stats and settings again otherwise bad luck... If you deleted the files by mistake you may try an undelete software like freeundelete.

Now if those files are definitively lost all you can do is to reload all your torrents one by one (this may be automated if you have many). Of course you will need the .torrent files. Then set the download paths to the ones where your data has been saved and do a force re-check. Prior to do this I would advise you to backup all your saved data. Also you might loose some egde pieces if you had partial downloads but this is another topic (search for it in the forum if needed with partfile). Earlier restore points are of no use for this (as for most of the rest..). :( For future prevention you could backup both mentioned files (at least) on a regular base as well as the .torrents file and of course all the downloaded data.

Archived