Any throttling mechanism in uT 2.0?

justaboy

Hello there!

A while back i read an article in TorrentFreak about how ISPs won't have to throttle you with uTorrent 2.0.

So, i've been using build 17668 for a while and noticed that sometimes it pushes download speed to 1.0kbps???? I mean it sways between 1.0-1.5kbps. But just before that it leeched, for example, 500-600kbps. It happens in private trackers where there's 0 leechers and ten to hundred 100mbit seedboxes for that file, as well as it happens in public trackers with 10-20 trackers (shitload of seeders).

Why does it lower the speed to 1.0kbps? it doesn't happen with uT1.8.5

Well, clearly, you set your upload limit too high. Pick the location in the Setup Guide nearest to you and run a speed test. What are the test results?

Why is it important? Because the only metric by which you should be configuring your BitTorrent client is your upload rate. Not your download rate.

At any rate, what router are you using? Have you tried any of the suggestions here? How about conservative settings here?

About for the speed tests, how do you know it's the speed tests that are inaccurate? Have you measured before with another test site recently to ensure that you're actually getting the advertised speed? (I'm not trying to harp on the issue, or trying to point fingers -- it's just that recently, inappropriate settings for connection speeds have been potential causes of odd issues in µTorrent for various users, so I'm trying to rule it out here definitely)

Archived