Jump to content

LONG Updating Times Under Win7


DeathStalker

Recommended Posts

I've noticed that, at least since I switched to Win7 64-bit, that uTorrent (first 1.8.5 and now even 1.8.5.17414) take a LONG time in updating the trackers. Is there a specific setting I should look to for this?

I can't update to the latest 2x Beta because of some of the trackers I use (they don't like Beta versions, unfortunately).

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suppose I should add that my DL speeds are usually good, as are my UL speeds (except when I have a torrent that has hundreds/thousands of seeds/peers, which is rare - but those DLs almost always get *pathetically* low speeds!).

So overall, speed is not an issue here, it's just the tracker updating time - it will sit on "Updating ..." for ages, even on a good, active tracker with known seeds/peers.

Edit:

Haven't modified any advanced except to try turning off IP Resolve - Half-open is default 8, tried lowering is to 4 & 6, but that just slowed DL speeds.

Edit:

Even trackers like tracker.openbittorrent.com take ages to register

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...