Something wrong here...12000 seeds, 0 online???

dfarns

Is it possible to have a large number of seeds and leechers and no one online. Three examples show 12000+, 3000+, 200+. At the same time other downloads show seeds and leechers online and downloads happening.

Could this be a uTorrent problem, or just bad luck?

Dan

Could be just bad luck.

if you want to download a very country specific torrent and are far away (other timezone)

or if the torrent is really old

or the tracker has problems (red icons?)

Or (my favorite) your utorrent works like it should using the queue - it downloads the torrents according your settings and bandwith and start the next torrent when the first is finished?

A few hours later, a few of the 12000 seeds came on line, and I actually was getting very good download speeds. Another hour and some of the 3000 seeds (other download) started working with the same result. So I'll have to call it very bad luck, and glad that some people finally woke up.

uTorrent 1.8. Which settings would have been relevant. Should I have listed ALL of them?

uTorrent 1.8. Which settings would have been relevant. Should I have listed ALL of them?

Speed Guide (CTRL+G) settings and any advanced settings that have been changed (those have an * next to them).

There are settings combinations that can cause the results you're seeing...namely extremely (too) high settings.

I'm using v. 1.84, Windows 2000. So I suppose I'm banned, though I can barely understand why. Funny, I thought v1.8 was pretty new. Anyway, thanks for the links, I've never had much luck finding troubleshooting help...and I'd never seen the Speed Guide, but no asterisks there, nothing showing that I'm exceeding the default settings.

I've always wondered why such a variance in download speeds, sometime 2 kB/s, sometimes 10-20 kB/s, occasionally 80-100 kB/s, rarely 200-400 kB/s. Do individual uploading speeds vary that much, or are there other factors involved(ISP throttling, bad connections...) besides incorrect settings in Speed Guide.

Dan

Archived