which to choose alpha or beta?

dm93

I love utorrent. I have been running it since I got my new macbook pro. I am running OSX 10.6.2 and I am having some trouble with it. I am downloading about 4-5 torrents at a time (don't know if this could be the problem) and I leave my macbook on during the night when everyone in my house is sleeping to complete the downloads. In the morning I wake up and utorrent is still on my dock but there is no window? So then when I click on the icon, nothing happens. I try to quit and I get the "are you sure you want to quit" message and I click quit. But then nothing happens either, I waited for probably an hour for it to quit and nothing. I could not shutdown my mac because of it. The mac would always tell me that utorrent is still running and I have to quit utorrent first. But if the program is not responding how can I? So I then just held down the power button for 5 seconds and restarted that way. I then clicked on utorrent when I rebooted and it works? Can anyone tell me why this is? Its happened to me maybe 6-7 times now in the last few weeks.

With that being said I think I am running alpha utorrent. Which one is better (or should I say stabler) to run with? Thanks for any help you can assist me with.

I just noticed this problem pn my macbook as well today. It happened over and over when I was downloading 3 torrents, but when I tried to download one at a time it worked fine..

I also found that if I force-quit the application and restart it, it will work for a couple of minutes, until the window disappears again.

So download one torrent at a time, until a fix comes!

Pick the one that offers the features you want. If the the alpha/beta don't add a feature you'll use, just stick with stable. Especially don't use alpha over the beta if it doesn't add any features you'll use because it has a higher chance of becoming unstable from an update.

• 1 month later...

Archived