Force recheck not working

cronin4392

I had downloaded some torrents from a site and moved the files. In utorrent I got an error saying the files werent where it thought they were so I set the download location to where the files are and did a force recheck but utorrent stated that it was 0%. This happened to all the torrents i had just downloaded. I also tried deleting the torrent from utorrent and redownloading the torrent and pointing it to the folder where the files were and that still didnt work. In the past i have moved files and changed the location in utorrent and it has worked fine, most of the time. Sometimes this will happen, where it doesnt detect any of the files, and other times it will only detect some of them. Is there any solution to this? These files were from a private tracker and utorrent continues to kill my ratio.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello...I updated to uTorrent 2.0 yesterday. I had to move a couple of files to new locations due to lack of disk space. I used "Set Download Location" to direct the incoming data to the new location then performed a "Force Recheck." But now it seems that uTorrent isn't rechecking. It shows the status of the torrent as "Checking" but there is no progress being made.

In the past a recheck took a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the size of the torrent file. I have a file that's 400MB that I'm trying to recheck and after 15 hours it's still "Checking" and showing 0% Done.

I tried Switeck's fix [see post #5 above] and this has not resolved the issue. Is anyone else having problems with Force Recheck? If you fixed the issue please share what you did. Thanks in advance!

Archived