Disconnecting Unnecessary Peers

mat1983

Over the last few weeks i've been getting really peved by some torrents were about 90% of the peers i connect too only have the peices i've already got. Normally this is ok but as i leave my torrents on 24/7 i end up getting to the stage where this percentage increases to the point where its 100% and the downloading practically stops, and my share ratio is 9.0+. Again i dont mind the share ratio but if im trying to get the end of a huge file i want to be able to get the rest of the downloading finished so i can copy the files and let it seed.

Basically my point is that i think a feature it should be added mean either a user can manually disconnect from unnecessary peers or it could be done automatically if the download speed is below a specific level. To stop it being abused by leechers it should be fixed so that it will only work when a certain percentage of the torrent is finished and only disconnects peers with no revelence.

Well thats my 10 cents, what you's think?

(sorry about the grammer and spelling)

Manual kicking is out of the question. As for automatic... if peers aren't transferring to you (they have no pieces you need), then they should automatically be disconnected anyway. You say that you were peeved by "some" torrents, so maybe those torrents were underseeded?

Archived