Network OK and Error Port

hollywoodstylin

I am using XP Pro SP2 and Kerio Personal Firewall.

I have Network OK on my interface. However, when I go to Options > Speed Guide and test my port, I get the error port message. I noticed that when I DISABLE the Kerio Firewall and ENABLE the Windows Firewall, I still get the port error. Now, when I disable BOTH Kerio and Windows firewalls, I get the OK! I have already unchecked the "Resolve Address" option from Kerio. Does this mean that I should disable both the Kerio and Windows firewalls? I already have a Linksys WRT54G router that has firewall protection. I'm just wondering why I get 2 conflicting answers here (Network OK and Error Port).

Yes, I set up port forwarding. Yes, uTorrent is in the exceptions list in both Kerio and Windows firewall. Yes, I upgrading the firmware to Hyper-WRT. Yes, I did everything in the mini-guide that it said to do. Like I said, I get the OK whenever I disable both firewalls. If either one of them is enabled (Kerio or Windows), then this is when I get the Error Port message.

Some routers require you to set up a static ip for them to properly forward a port...

Check out this link : http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Utor/Utorindex.htm and look for your router in there...follow the instruction and done :)

Read 3 posts above yours. I have already posted that I have forwarded my ports.

Hm... I'm not sure what's going on, to be honest... Back to testing the Windows Firewall... did you move the executable after adding it to the exceptions? Check if the exception is still pointing to the correct utorrent.exe.

Edit: Er... that BitComet thing throws this idea out...

Archived