µTorrent vs Bitcomet ~ speed

kimmchii

i love everything about µTorrent, but i i cant use it because the speed is slower than Bitcomet, does anyone notice this?

i dont use a router, and i use xp's firewall (only incoming protection), so there is nothing for me to configure ito ports forwarding.

i set the download and upload rate in µTorrent exactly the same as Bitcomet, (download rate: unlimited, upload rate: 16Kb.) and overall µTorrent takes longer to finish a torrent.

i have slow connection, download: 512Kb, upload 256Kb.

Bitcoment takes 3 hours to finish a tv series, µTorrent takes 5 hours.

i have tested it with my neighbour, who has the same internet connection speed as me, we both download tv series 24, start at the same time, whoever uses Bitcomet will finish the series in 3 hours, and µTorrent will take 5 hours.

it would be great if µTorrent can improve its' speed.

16KB/s is undersharing... Are you sure you read that thread? Because if you actually did, you'd see that you should be setting the upload to 25.6KB/s... Note that this isn't the ultra-important change that will affect the download speed vastly, but just to point out that you don't seem to have read the thread thoroughly.

yes, i did read that thread, and also read many similar threads in most bittorent forums.

i have to set it at 16KB because anything above 16KB i cant surf, firefox will freeze, i live in a crappy country where the only ISP (monopoly) give us nothing but craps, the advertised speed is not what the users get, it's much lower, and we cant complain and cant switch ISP because there is no other choices.

Archived