Need password protection

ashwin

It would be nice to have a password protection built in so that when you make u torrent go to system tray downloading will be going on in the background and when you click on it it will ask for the password this is very helpfull as no one can view what you are downloading it is a gr8 feature to be included azureus already has this featuse.So kindly please include this feature as many people will need this feature.Also if possible an installer vesrsion can be included so that it directly goes to program files and also gets added in the start menu you can conduct a poll and see how many people need the installer version.U Torrent looks very promising all it mainly needs is this two features to make it the number one client.Hats off to U torrent creaters.Keep up the good work and All the best for ur future. :D

It would be nice to have a password protection built in

| |

vv

Features not being considered:

- Password locking the application

Useless feature if you ask me...

Also if possible an installer vesrsion can be included so that it directly goes to program files and also gets added in the start menu

Whats wrong with manually putting it in there? Doesn't bother me...

• 2 weeks later...

An optional password should protect utorrent when it's been restored from the tray. This would allow to anonymously DL anything in the background and some "sniffing" family members would not know what's going on. This nice feature is already avail in Azareus.

Thanks

If you don't want others to see what you're downloading, then don't download it. If you have to download, then don't share accounts. Multiple accounts are used so that each person has his/her own privacy, so why not make use of it if you need that privacy?

I think he gets the point... :P

Archived