Multitracker selection don't work

pamplina

I've downloaded and installed uTorrent 2.0 beta yesterday, and I find a different behaviour than 1.8 with multitracker torrents (when the tracker's URLs aren't separated with blank lines). The usual behaviour in previous version was to select randomly one URL and so on until one of them were reached. Now in 2.0 beta, the first random selection is never changed even if the tracker don't respond, trying one time and another the same URL. When I stop the torrent and restart it, another URL is selected, and also never change until I restart manually again.

Many thanks for this wonderful program.

When a torrent has a list of trackers URLs listed as one group (without blank lines between them), they should be used as backup servers. When one don't respond, another is tried randomly. I used uTorrent 1.8 and it did it exactly on this way. Since I installed uTorrent 2.0 beta, I found that always the same URL is tried, even if it's don't responding, until I restart the torrent manually. I think it's an error, because the torrent will never start even if there're working URLs in the list.

Sorry for my bad understanding.

"Where exactly are you observing this behavior?" : In uTorrent 2.0 release candidate 3

"How are you observing it?": by running multitracker torrents, in the "Tracker" tab I can see what's uTorrent trying to do.

I cannot explain it better. Sorry.

No, I'm not using Remote Desktop.

Yes, the torrent's are my own. I use the multitracker feature to load-balance between several servers. I follow the specification as stated in the following document:

http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0012.html

"This form is meant for trackers which can trade peer information and will cause the clients to help balance the load between the trackers."

It always worked fine with previous versions of uTorrent until I tried 2.0.

Thanks for your help.

Archived