uTorrent kills internet connection

webbson

uTorrent have run perfectly until today. A minute after I start it the internet connection goes down. I ain't having no speeds at the moment either, just 10kb/s down and 25kb/s up. But it's not only the internet connection that goes down. The whole connection to my network is dead. Can't even access my router. If i turn off uTorrent then it goes 5secs and then a can access my internet/network at full speed again.

Sysinfo:

Intel P4 3,2GHz

2GB Ram

uTorrent version 1.4.1-beta (build 425)

Router: D-Link 804HV

Edit: My other computers have no problem to access the internet/network. So uTorrent only locks the network connection for the computer running it.

Edit2: Seems like it was 1 torrent that did all that shit. It had like 1500peers, maybe that killed the connection.. Weird since I haven't got that problem before when downloading/seeding a torrent with many peers.

My limits at the moment are:

Global maximum 10000

Maximum per torrent 1000

Number of upload slots per torrent 100.

It runs perfect with this setup with any other torrents.

Global maximum 10000

Maximum per torrent 1000

You're killing your router with these insanely stupid numbers.

Cut them down to 200/75 for a while and try.

Have been running on these since I started using uTorrent in October and have never had any problems with em. Have been on torrent with 2500+ users and it never happened anything like this..

+It wasn't the router thats dieing, it's the computer that locks all my connections.

First, DreadWingKnight is true, those are really wrong settings.

Second, if you use WinXP SP2: The monthly windows updates last tuesday replaced tcpip.sys, reverting a previous applied patch for allowed half open connections down to 10 again. Simple Solution: Apply Lvllord's patch (or any similar) again to increase this number.

Global maximum 10000

Maximum per torrent 1000

lol man, you're crazy

Make sure you've capped your upload to around 80% of your actual upload speed. Make sure you do not set too many upload slots OR connections per torrent. You should also try to never run more than 2-3 torrents. In general, an average 5mbit connection with 512kbit upload shouldn't have more than 100 connections per torrent, or more than 5-7 upload slots, especially if running more than one torrent. Experiment with these values depending on your connection speed. This is the most COMMON reason for torrents going slow, setting those options too high WILL make things slow down significantly! More connections does not mean faster speeds.

Your max per torrent is at least 10x higher than it should be

You have 20x more upload slots, than is needed

Now just run 100torrents at time...

Press alt+g in µTorrent, find your upload speed and then press "Use selected settings" you'll get better speeds with that.

Global maximum 10000

Maximum per torrent 1000

lol man' date=' you're crazy

Your max per torrent is at least 10x higher than it should be

You have 20x more upload slots, than is needed

Now just run 100torrents at time...

Press alt+g in µTorrent, find your upload speed and then press "Use selected settings" you'll get better speeds with that.[/quote']

The thing is that these are the setting with which I'm getting the best speeds both download and upload. Have tried different settings with lover values and med upload/download speed decreases by 10-20%.

No, it lowers the download speed of the files.. Well then how come that it goes much faster to download a DVDr with my settings? The difference in time lies in about 5-10minutes for me...

Note: DVDr was first downloaded with my settings and about 150seeds and 300leechs and with the second test it was 220 seeds and 250leechs.. Same DVDr from the same site..

Archived