"Trackers" tab missing

dfarns

I'm using v1.77. In the bottom half of the screen there are a bunch of tabs, starting with "General". The next tab used to be "Trackers", then "Peers", the "Pieces", "Files", "Speed", "Logger". In this version the "Trackers" tab is missing and I haven't found a way to bring it back. I've right clicked everywhere but there's no Tabs menu with choices. Can someone show me how to accomplish this.

Dan

The Trackers tab was a new feature as of 1.8.x. Why are you expecting to see it in a version that never had it in the first place? What's more, clearly, if you saw it before, then you were already using 1.8.x. Why would you even go back to the unsupported 1.7.7?

First, how was I to know that it was a new feature in v1.8. Common courtesy would suggest that someone mention that fact to me instead of commanding me to update without giving any reason. My issue was about the Trackers tab, not whether or not the version I'm using is supported (what does that mean: supported? How stupid can you be to think you can force people to upgrade by taking away "support"). Personally, when I find a version of any software that works well, I stick with it until there is a compelling(to me) reason to change.

Second, it turns out, now that you finally given me some facts, that I'm using 1.8 on my other computer, which is the one I usually use uTorrent on. So that's why I'm used to the Tracker tab. So thanks Ultima for giving me some useful information.

And as to why any sane person would go back to a previous version...how simple is that to answer: have you never had a new version that sucked, kept crashing your computer, or had some change you didn't like, or was slower than the old version, or had bad breath! Whatever the reason, I think you all have over valued this so called "support", and the fact that you can't be bothered helping someone with a version that's six months or even one year old...I'll keep my tongue and won't tell you what I think of that. But thank you again Ultima, for condescending to help this humble sinner.

If the new version crashes your computer, that's your hardware is faulty (driver, HD etc). And you should fix that.

Thousands of peers are using µT 1.8.5 on various public & private trackers. If speeds were so bad and the client so instable, you would see a ton of reports here.

Archived