utorrent works on LINUX!

kraiser

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did utorrent not work with wine? Been using it on fedora cores 4 and 5 for quite some time now. Had half a dozen users each running seperate instances of utorrent at the same time (each using a different port) and it worked great :) although i havent used the webui for quite awhile now, that also worked fine when i tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

Has someone a script like at rtorrent which skips hash check if I am the uploader from a torrent and I already have the 100% without to check the checkbox skip has manualy?

This is a perl script:

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/rtorrent_fast_resume.pl

which works with rtorrent, if I have the torrent file and I let this script to modify it, than the client rtorrent skips automaticaly the hash check, which is very good at the performance,

It will be very good, if I can run a script in a background, which will check every 1 minute the torrent folder, and create a torrent without hashcheck for my watchdir...

Is this possible somehow?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Settings directory: Because Windows environment variables do not apply in alternative operating systems, it naturally follows that %AppData% does not either. You'll find that the µTorrent settings directory is actually located at ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/USERNAME/Application Data/uTorrent, where USERNAME is your username on the operating system.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Tired...

Still try to launch but:

sudo bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver

bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver)

bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver)

otherwise:

dir bittorrent-server-v3_0/

docs libc.so.6 libgcc_s.so.1 utserver webui.zip

Archived