Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kraiser

utorrent works on LINUX!

I used to always use the Windows ..Only now starting to use Linux

so i don't know which of these more stable

When did utorrent not work with wine? Been using it on fedora cores 4 and 5 for quite some time now. Had half a dozen users each running seperate instances of utorrent at the same time (each using a different port) and it worked great :) although i havent used the webui for quite awhile now, that also worked fine when i tried it.

It always worked in Cedega with graphical glitches though the point is it worked from the start. It runs much better in WINE than Cedega these days.

Has someone a script like at rtorrent which skips hash check if I am the uploader from a torrent and I already have the 100% without to check the checkbox skip has manualy?

This is a perl script:

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/downloads/rtorrent_fast_resume.pl

which works with rtorrent, if I have the torrent file and I let this script to modify it, than the client rtorrent skips automaticaly the hash check, which is very good at the performance,

It will be very good, if I can run a script in a background, which will check every 1 minute the torrent folder, and create a torrent without hashcheck for my watchdir...

Is this possible somehow?

Hi. Having problems with CrossOver Linux and uTorrent 1.7.5 (4602).

Even if I capped the upload speed to a fixed value uTorrent keeps uploading to the max (which is screwing my download speed pretty bad).

Do you know a solution?

Thanks.

Hi, I've been testing uTorrent + WINE under Kubuntu 8.04 without any problem.

Does anyone know where are saved (the path) the .torrents that has been opened with µTorrent?

Settings directory: Because Windows environment variables do not apply in alternative operating systems, it naturally follows that %AppData% does not either. You'll find that the µTorrent settings directory is actually located at ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/USERNAME/Application Data/uTorrent, where USERNAME is your username on the operating system.

Tired...

Still try to launch but:

sudo bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver

bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver)

bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by bittorrent-server-v3_0/utserver)

otherwise:

dir bittorrent-server-v3_0/

docs libc.so.6 libgcc_s.so.1 utserver webui.zip