problem with install

clearstaple

Hi all! I"m having a weird problem. I just got a new laptop...with windows 7. I installed utorrent and it worked fine. I then had windows issue (auto update led to system crash and had to restore...to a point before I installed utorrent). Now it won't install. Here's what happens. I click the download button from the utorrent site. After it downloads the install doesn't start. It's weird because the file does download, but it just wont install. I go to the folder where the utorrent download is and click on it. The "Do you want to run this file?" window appears. I click "run" and the install doesn't begin (as it does when installing any other software). However, after I click "run" the utorrent button appears on my task bar. When i click on this icon, utorrent opens and continues a download that I was downloading when I first intalled it before the restore. However, it's not actually installed! Other than that, there's no evidence of it being installed...even if i try to uninstall it...it's not even listed to uninstall...not even a desktop icon. When i close utorrent, it's like it totally disappears. To reopen it, I have to go to the downloaded file and click the "run" button again.

I've tried to delete the downloaded file and starting all over again, but it keeps happening. I've never had a prob like this and have no idea how what to do to get it to install. any ideas would be GREATLY appereciated!

Thanks for the response. I tried creating the dat file and that didn't work. After re-running utorrent.exe, the same thing happens. Both the folder and urorrent exe have full read/write access permissions. I can't figure this out. Also, I've installed other software since then without a hitch...just having this prob. w/ utorrent.

Archived