minor bugs utorrent v. 1.8.5 build 17414

lostunsunghero

#1. the stats are wrong when the file size goes over 1GB (see screen shot below, ive converted the sizes from GB to MB to show that they are wrong and by a lot). as you can see in the screen shot the remaining size is over 700MB but if you work it out then it should be less than 100MB (the remaining amount is correct and the torrent size is correct which means the amount downloaded is incorrect). as mentioned earlier this is only true for file sizes lager than 1GB

#2. the upload/download caps dont work effectivley enough. for example if i cap my upload to 25kbps and im downloading several files at once than the upload speed is generally above my cap and so is my download speed, (not by much usually between 10-15kbps above what the cap is (but 15kbps above the cap is quite high when i want it to be 25kbps). it stays on or under the upload cap if im only downloading 1 or 2 files.

#3. the download/upload rate has the wrong units kB is kilobits not kilobytes this is quite a huge difference for example my internet connection is 16Mbps download (megabit) but that equates to 2MBps (megabyte). at first kB was the accepted unit for kilobytes but they have changed it to KB to prevent ambiguity (because some people dont know the difference between MB and Mb etc when they but internet connections and think they are getting speeds in megabytes per second and the isp's are exploiting this to make people think they are getting a higher download/upload rate than they actually are.

81931123.png

Wrong on all 3 counts.

1) remaining and percent completed only work based off completed pieces. Downloaded shows all data downloaded, including wasted chunks and bad pieces.

2) They work just fine, but do recall that overhead will often shoot your upload over. Downloading uses considerable amounts of upload bandwidth simply due to the way things work. And DHT will knock it up 1-3kB/s usually, since it doesn't use the cap.

3) KB is not a unit. K is not an SI prefix, but lowercase k is. kB is kilobytes, kb is kilobits.

for #1 i looked at the wasted chunks, at the time of that screen shot it was around 350MB so then if you take that off the amount downloaded it should show 442.16 remaining so what is the extra 320MB for as its showing around 780 in the screenshot.

fair enough on points 1 and 2 i wasnt aware that downloading also used upload bandwidth.

thanks for clearing that up. one more thing though, whats with the random spikes in the upload speed, like it will be merrily chugging along at 25-35-kbps and then spike and do like 100-120kbps every so often for a couple of seconds which drags the download speed down from 1MBps to like 5kbps and then it returns to normal.

Archived