Porting first pc in network no problem, next ones won't!

wooz

Hi can anyone help me with this. I have utorrent installed on a couple of pc's connected to the net via a router. I use the port setup at portforward.com to set up a port and gives me no trouble. That is on the first pc!, the others i keep getting "An error has occurred! Port () does not appear to be open". I do exactly the same as for the first, i find the preffered ip in cmd, make a static ip, go to utorrent and to the router and enter the port i want to use. Ive tried all kind of things but i gave up, so please help. thanks__

yes, i use the checker inside utorrent and also the icon never changes to green. Ive also tried to configure the port setup with only the pc i want to set up running so the other pc's don't mess it up but still no banana's.

I have tried to port more then one pc's in the past but each time i could not get it to work.. I'm missing something....

Now i'm using the 1.8.5 utorrent version and my router is an USrobotics 5463.

just windows firewall and avg free.

Update: i've been trying this evening to get it to work and i found out something. I can get each computer to work seperately. The computer that was working uses the internal ip 192.168.2.100. If i use this on the other computers the port opens up fine. But when i use 192.168.2.101 or 192.168.2.102 per example to get more computers working it doesn't work. Only the 192.168.2.100 is working. WHy?

I can find a DHCP lan ip range in my routersettings, it goes from 192.168.2.100 to 192.168.2.199 (it's changeable, but pre-filled in) So i tried to make an ip outside this range but does not seem to work either.

And in al my fooling around with this suddenly i can't get any port opened anymore, no matter what ip i use. This is getting worse instead of better. Crappy router!

Hi, i think i finaly figured it out last night. My %$# modem (copperjet 1616-2p) i got from my provider is a router as well! So i have two routers running. All of a sudden i remembered i opened stuff in the setup of the modem when i got it a couple of years ago. I guess i opened one port then, but i totaly forgot later on. I'lll have to find out how i did that. I'm also thinking of buying an accesspoint instead of the router. Any of you know, then do i only have to adjust the settings in the modem/router for portforwarding or i do i also need to adjust the accesspoint? In that case i won't bother.. the point is to make my life easier *wink_

Archived