Can no one help with the "torrents keep reappeaing" problem?

dradumont

The two previous threads on this subject are apparently dead.

In a nutshell, I have two torrents which pop up and begin downloading by themselves.

I have searched the entire computer for the torrents, deleted them, even deleted the

resume.dat and resume.dat.old files, all for naught. After a repeated search for these

two torrents, I find no trace. Then shortly thereafter they pop up and begin downloading.

I am using utorrent 1.8.5.

Really would appreciate some help here, as these are large torrents and playing Hell with

my ratios.

-- Doc

Don't use RSS feeds. Never have, don't really understand the concept as I've never looked into them.

If there is an automatic loading of torrents setting, I don't know where it is.

I don't see anything other than under the UI setting,

"when adding torrents" - "don't start torrents automatically". It is unchecked.

EDIT - NOW I FOUND SOMETHING! READING S l O W l Y this time --- "Automatically load torrents from" was unchecked although it did point to the torrent file location. I have left it unchecked.

END OF EDIT!

Where would these torrents which were once active but have been repeatedly deleted be saved?

I've scanned the entire computer looking for the names of the torrents and fractions thereof. Nada

I've scanned the contents of the utorrent program files for the names of the torrents and fractions thereof. Nada

I've scanned the contents of the .dat files for utorrent for the names of the torrents and fractions thereof. Nada

Really a mystery to me. They come back from somewhere, preallocate a huge chunk of disk space (they were large torrents) and start to download.

I copied the utorrent program to another computer. Only the executable, none of the torrents, etc. The phantom torrents never appear.

<Added 1 february, 2010>

Well, I guess this was a waste of time. Thrice asked, thrice no help. Thrice asked, thrice answered questions in response to my query, thrice the thread falls off the edge of the earth.

Thanks, I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived