Only Connecting To One Seed/Peer Max

Stack

No matter how many seeds or peers there are (have got torrents of 500+ seeds, 1000+ peers) I can only seem to connect to One Seed. This is of course causing me download speeds of lower than 10kB/s.

This only happened recently. I have always had great speeds downloading using uTorrent and have since uninstalled uTorrent and removed all settings before re-installing. However, the same problem remains.

What can I do? I have posted everywhere and searched everywhere but no joy. I have Forced Outgoing Protocol Encryption and Allowing Legacy Connections but this had made no difference. Also, my ISP is a good one with no torrent-related issues.

Thanks for your help - I need it!

I set my upload speed to max of 1kB/s but it made no difference. I also know the firewall is not an issue for this.

It is because I cannot connect to more than 1 seed - this is the issue of my slow speeds. I can download HTTP files at usual speed of 1MB/s and if I could get connected to a good group of seeds and peers I know my torrent speeds will get back to normal. I think there is something almost literally blocking me from connecting to more than 1 seed or peer at a time. Any ideas?

In my first post I mentioned that this only happened recently. I have downloaded torrents fine for years and have always been able to connect to a healthy number of seeds and peers. I have been through the troubleshooting guide already with no luck.

I don't get how you can say the number of seeds does not dictate speed when if you are connected to only one seed it's clearly obvious you will get slower downloads than if you were connected to say 100 seeds.

I have been through the troubleshooting guide already with no luck.

Then provide the information the guide requests.

I don't get how you can say the number of seeds does not dictate speed when if you are connected to only one seed it's clearly obvious you will get slower downloads than if you were connected to say 100 seeds.

Because you don't maintain trading relationships with seeds. I've gotten better speeds from 0-seed torrents than I have from ones with a hundred seeds BECAUSE of those trading relationships.

I can say the number of seeds doesn't dictate speed because I've been dealing with that side of torrenting for over FOUR YEARS.

Archived