Network connetion/Port Forwarding keeps getting disonnected

nala

Hi all. I am new to the forums. Thanks in advance for anyone who reads this and hopefully give an answer.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit based computer system. I running my internet connection through a wireless MSI 802.11 PCI Turbo adapter. The router my household is using is a Linksys WRT54GS. Our Internet connection is a 6 MB DSL line.

I am using uTorrent version 1.8.5.

I have set up the portforwarding per Portforward.com's instructions.

I set the IP address in my Wireless adapters properties under Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). I also set the Subnet mask and the Default gateway addresses. Lastly I set the DNS server addresses for preferred and alternative DNS server.

In uTorrent preferences I set the port to 29003. Otherwise all the default connection settings are in place besides picking a speed profile from the list.

In the WRT54GS router I set up the preferences for forwarding the port 29003 with the same IP address I set up for my system under the IPv4 settings.

I enabled UPnP in the router and disabled the accepting of blocking of anonymous internet connections.

At first the portforwarding worked flawlessly. But now it seems to drop off and become disconnected. In other words the little green check at the bottom right hand side of uTorrent turns into the little yellow triangle.

I am at a loss. I have checked and rechecked my settings. They are still all in order and nothing has changed.

Can anyone please tell me what the hell is going on?

Archived