Seeding from relocated files

µSername

I apologize if this topic has been broached elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything.

I am running µTorrent 0.9.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 and I'd like to resolve a certain problem.

I try and seed generously, so I like to seed to a ratio of at least 10, or higher if the torrent doesnt have many seeds. However, I generally like to move my files around. As far as I can tell, there is no way for me to tell utorrent to upload from a new location on my hard drive. I suppose in theory I could set up different locations for most of the torrents to start with, though I don't know how to, and it would be a pain, and would still preclude any later file rearrangements. Beyond that, though, some of the files I torrent get put into an encrypted volume, and I specifically avoid leaving it mounted except when I'm at my computer, and never for a long period of time.

Both of these situations mean it would be nice if I could tell utorrent to go look for the content in a new location. I also can duplicate the torrents, but that would involve throwing away about 10 GB of my hard drive (this is a laptop) at any given time, and still doesn't resolve the issue of sensitive files.

So basically is there some way I can move the file (not the .torrent file) and then have utorrent begin uploading from the new location?

This is exactly what I've been trying to figure out.

After finishing downloading certain files, I wanted to rename some of them and relocate them. I could have changed the file and location before starting downloading I guess, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to end up moving the various files.

So now I want to be able to select the file and somehow add it back into the already existing torrent and tracker or whatever in order to start seeding it again.

I'm using the PC version btw

Archived