Version 2.0 is killing my router!

pikezeppelin

Im having same issue as OP. Maybe Im missing something, is this the only solution to set bt.transp_disposition to 5? That doesnt change much... How could this happen that last version worked just fine and now even downgrade can't help me -.-

Im using d-link router, so yes, it is router's foult, but what the hell, 1.8 version worked great.. and yes, i disabled firewall

sorry for any mistakes, my english is not so great

If v1.8.5 used to work great and doesn't now, quite likely you're getting more uTP (UDP based) peer/seed connections. uTorrent v2.0 makes them outgoing by default, uTorrent v1.8.5 only allows them incoming by default. Considering more and more people are getting uTorrent v2.x, you'll be getting increasingly more incoming uTP peers/seeds.

Try setting bt.tcp_rate_control to FALSE in advanced settings and also disabling Bandwidth Management (in v2.0 -- in v1.85 you have to set bt.trans_disposition = 5 to do the same thing).

Also check that your router's UPnP and NAT-PMP is disabled if you don't need it, as well as not using UPnP and NAT-PMP in uTorrent.

If you've disabled uTP (Bandwidth Management), you only need to forward TCP on the router...reducing the router's load.

Same thing here as the op, except my issue is so predictable and re-creatable.

If uTorrent is uploading I get no download speed on my net. The faster the upload speed the worse everything gets. uTorrent itself can't even download at a fast speed if it's uploading.

I have to throttle uTorrents upload speed to 10 kb/s to get any download speed from anything.

This started after I upgraded to 2.0 from 1.8.5. Going back to 1.8.5 doesn't help.

Switeck's suggestions also don't make any difference.

I don't have extra anti-virus or software firewalls, it's just Win 7 x64 and uTorrent.

And btw, what the heck is the point of this new uTorrent if 99% of the time people are told to turn off all the new features?

I feel bad for all the people that don't use a box, stuff like this must be seriously frustrating.

Did you disable DHT, Resolve IPs, UPnP, NAT-PMP, and Bandwidth Management?

...then restart uTorrent, to get clear results.

"And btw, what the heck is the point of this new uTorrent if 99% of the time people are told to turn off all the new features?"

Probably less than 1% of everyone using uTorrent comes here for help...

So the ones with problems need uTP disabled, and most of the people asking questions in the forums have problems.

The settings are checked and set as you wrote here, but no change.

What I can't understand, the global maximum number of connections is set to 50, but based on comodo firewall uTorrent has at about 300 inbound and more than 100 outbound connections.

repaful, you may need to contact your router's makers about that broken behavior.

Comodo software firewall is reporting even "dead" connections from possibly the last 5 minutes.

Incoming and outgoing connections aren't fully counted against uTorrent's global max -- even if already at connection max uTorrent can still get incoming connections, it'll just quickly disconnect them.

thanks, ok, let we try to start it over!

1. my network works as it should, using lan, wan, more PCs, and also IPTV (which uses the same router)

2. if I start uTorrent the network traffic will be almost completely blocked, not on my PC, but all over on my network.

3. if I stop uTorrent everything will work again

4. I have a Pirelli DRG A225G, if someone has any info with it, please help me.

Looks like any settings on the router and uTorrent is irrelevant, but I hope there is a solution....

Thanks

Hello pikezeppelin. You having ComHem as ISP means you are a swede then? Hej svenske vän :P

Just wanted to add a few lines; I have also had this connection dropping/congestion problem, and tried tweaking and whatnot one setting at a time. And I finally found that it was "Enable uPnP Port Mapping" that made my modem (Scientific Atlanta SA EPC2434) drop connection and reboot. -_- So I disabled that option in uTorrent and now everything works fine, 50 Torrents running maxing at about 3megs with about 1000 or so connections in all :-) And I didn't even have to disable uPnP in my rotuer. My bt.transp_disposition is set to 31, and I thought it allowed for some browsing even if maxed out, at least compared to default setting 15.

cheers

unchecking "enable bandwidth management" then restarting utorrent seems to have worked for me. went from barely getting 50kb/s to now getting between 800kb/s and 1.2mb/s where i usually am.....thanks to whomever suggested unchecking it

i have been using utorrent 1.8.5 for a long time but when i updated to vertion utorrent 2.0 speed is decresed to 40 to 50% .I ping and check my network connection with other software it's show no problem .Is vertion 2.0 has any additional setting to set.how can i solve download and upload speed.Previously it was 205 kbps+ for download and 40+ for upload.

Don't forward UDP on your router then.

Disable SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection - router firewall) on the router.

If you can, also decrease TCP and UDP timeout times on the router to about 300 seconds.

Tried all that, no change. If uTorrent's uploading my download speed goes to shit.

Archived