Torrent is gone?

heartes

So when I opened up my uTorrent today, my download was gone! The files are still where they should be but all my progress is gone. I think it was gone because I held down the power button to close my laptop the other day. Is there anyway to recover my download and continue where I left off?

• 11 months later...

Same thing has happened to me, Due to a power failure, my computer shut off.

Now I open utorrent and all the torrents are missing.

I have searched the forums but cannot find anyone with the same problem except this one post.

I just don't know what keywords to search for.

I tried replacing the Old dat files but utorrent overwrites it with a new blank file

Follow the migration guide: http://user.utorrent.com/documentation/migrate (see autoloading step)
Follow the migration guide: http://user.utorrent.com/documentation/migrate (see autoloading step)

I am not sure how the autoloading will help me.

My downloaded files are scattered over 4 drives.

I just want my list back.

Ah Yes I remember restoring an old list from a previous installation using the .dat files.

I really don't mind losing 1 or 2 recent downloads.

If you feel autoloading is the solutions. Please tell me how it will work when my torrents are downloaded in different locations.

Also I have never downloaded the .torrent file, I have always given open with u torrent.(so I only have them in the utorrent data folder)

Yep, in your case, autoloading will not help because the files are dispatched.

The only thing you can do is to load manually each torrent into µT and select the folder where are saved the files when you see the dialog box 'Add New Torrent'.

Of course, you can do that later with Advanced > Set Download Location or Relocate in the Files tab.

Archived