Open Port - Dlink DI 604

hulkviper

Goto the D-Link website, and goto the tech support, and search for "Ports", there should be instructions for a bunch of apps/games/3rd party software (bittorrent). Also, depending on your ver. and firmware, update it. Make sure you also include the port number in the FIREWALLs settings in the built in firewall in the 604.

Yeah that link I provided above ( http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-604/Utorrent.htm ) is semi-interactive... read it, and where it tells you to fill information in, fill it in. You would've found out that both ports need to be the same if you actually read the whole thing through ;P

Edit: Refresh always sounds nice...

I don't use the portfoward method described above. I have my ports forwarded as follows (since I use bittornado every once in a while and need more than one port open per torrent, I have a range of five ports open):

604115ml.th.jpg

from the main menu of the router: WAN > Advanced > Firewall

just enter your ip that you got from the ipconfig /all command, and whatever range of ports you want to use. if it's just one port you want to open, enter it in both port boxes.

note: that's a * in the source start range box

using the above setup, it still gets DHT peers:

dhtex5fd.th.jpg

I did notice that there's a * option in the TCP, UDP dropdown, I will choose that option though and would advise it.

edit: after making the above change from TCP to *, I became unclever. I'm going to keep it at TCP, since it doesn't seem to affect the UDP traffic, since it seems to be outbound (I'm not 100% on how the DHT connects, and too tired to read right now ;) )

Archived