Adding multiple .torrent files [2.0]

wudd

Hi,

I was using µTorrent 1.8.5 like this:

I downloaded .torrent files in to a directory and dragged them all in one move into the client window. Then for every .torrent, the add-dialog appeared where I could choose the directory i want to save the files in and what label and all that stuff. I also returns a message if the torrent was already loaded. This also was the same using File-> Add Torrent...

Now in 2.0:

Doing the same procedure as above does get me nothing. The torrents are added, but everything is downloaded in the directory where the utorrent.exe is located. Only if I drag then one after another the add-dialog comes up. Even the same using File-> Add Torrent...

In Settings: When adding Torrents -> Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent is [x] checked.

Bug or wrong setting? I'm using a backupped settings.dat, but even with a clean new settings.dat file the 2.0 behavior is like this.

That thread's been closed unfortunately. So no chance of even having an Advanced option for this 'feature'? Why not let the user (or at least those who know what they're doing when they go around fiddling with the Advanced options) decide? A normal user is not even gonna know what the Advanced option is for, leave alone change it. And if someone does and makes it an insanely high number, well that's their fault.

Frankly, instead of software being modified at every instance to nanny some morons who open thousands of torrents at one go, the users should be educated on what to do and what not to do. Tomorrow if enough users start doing something stupid that crashes the client, will you again change the whole behaviour of the program just to accommodate them? Where does it stop? This approach really reminds me of MS adding UAC to Vista, and how the first thing most power users did was to turn that awful thing off. If you don't have basic common sense, UAC's not gonna help anyway. All a moron will learn to do is to press an additional 'Allow' button.

I for one like Firefox's approach. Sure they recently changed the way new tabs open, but at least they did provide an about:config way to revert the change for those who know what they're doing. So please reconsider and make this an option at least. Well, that's about it as far as imploring goes. If you choose to ignore it, so be it.

Well, if it wont be changed, guess I have to use something else ... for the meantime I made a shell buffer script and drag the torrent on to that script and that will add them one after another with the fine dialogs ... but that is not a long term solution.

Archived