uTorrent 2.0 fail?

l2k

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bbbl67@yahoo.com: The only effect that the 'private' flag should and will have on torrent clients is that it limits source-finding mechanisms to the private tracker only. uTP is not a source-finding mechanism, so it makes absolutely no sense (semantically) to have the 'private' flag affect uTP. But even if we didn't take semantics into account, it still doesn't make sense to disable uTP just because a 'private' flag exists in the .torrent file. Not all private trackers even ban µTorrent because of uTP -- why should the complaints of a few trackers force every other tracker follow their decisions?

The only effect that the 'private' flag should and will have on torrent clients is that it limits source-finding mechanisms to the private tracker only. uTP is not a source-finding mechanism, so it makes absolutely no sense (semantically) to have the 'private' flag affect uTP.

I know, that's why I said, "I know it's got nothing to do with the other three". However, it looks like it's a tempest started by the private torrents community, and since they are the only ones even complaining about it, then perhaps it should be one of those things that are automatically turned off when a private torrent is received? I know it seems foolish to accommodate what is essentially just a superstition, but it's got them scared like all good superstitions do, and they are reacting badly. Perhaps you can put an advanced option into uTorrent such as "Disable uTP on private flag", which is turned on by default, but can be changed by an advanced user.

One private torrent I'm with, are going so far as to use the "This is not a democracy, we will not discuss this, and our decisions are final" defense. It's got them scared that much.

First, I would like to thank staff here of past valuable posts and tips, but this flaming by staff on this site of other sites and trackers dismays me.

So what if a few torrent sites ban a few clients, some top sites have banned whole countries in the past, wonder if any utorrent staff members flamed sites when they banned bitcomet?

I thought you were professional enough to be above that sort of thing, plus it it breaking your own rules.

Users, and members of these sites, if you dont like what one site is doing, just move to another, there are plenty out there, there is no need to moan "site A wont let me do this, site B doesnt allow that.

LOL, I am defending a site I am no even a member of, its just I dont like sites I held in high regard calling other sites because just because of something they dont agree with.

Proven. I witnessed it.

And I won't comment on the "full of shit" part, this was gross and inappropriate, Firon... If a regular user of this forum said that about you or any uT team member, you'd have taken disciplinary actions.

Have a little composure.

Archived