2.0 observation

kostnkost

Something I noticed is that I get the best speeds from Transmission clients and not utorrent clients. Utorrent uploads are pretty much non existent with 2.0 for me at least.

A for instance is that I am currently upload at 124kb/s : 80kb/s is from one transmission client and the other 44kb/s is from another Transmission client.

This happens more often than not and is just an observation after downloading 2.0 a few days ago.

I think your right there about the upload speeds, since the appearence of 2.0 my upload speeds dropped by 2/3 100% of the time whenever a clinet using 2.0 joins the group not only does this client suffer but the whole groups uploads/downloads suffer even though im capable of 100kbs upload i can only mange round 30 tops when seeding and as soon as that client using 2.0 leaves the speeds return to normal, So i have now reverted to banning all ip's using 2.0 through filter, no offence but this is really slowing the whole show down and the sooner they get rid of this the better.

By the way im using ut 1.8.5.

For anyone not using 2.0 next time ur downloading or seeding watch when you connect to a peer using this client verision and see if ur upload/download speed drops, my bets it will big time.

I think you should try reverting back to 1.8.4 or .5 kostnkost and see if you notice a change, i would be intrested to see your result.

As soon as I installed 2.0 I noticed that something was wrong. My downloads were all over the place. I would check it from the tray and it would be downloading at twice my maximum bandwidth so I would open it and then it would quickly fall to a miserable 2-3 KB or less and would stay like that for a while before shooting up again. Overall... torrents were slower than before.

So I read this thread and set bt.tcp_rate_control to false and everything went back to normal. Just posting in case someone else has the same problem as me after installing 20. Thanks.

uTP can be disabled by either setting bt.trans_disposition to 5 or (much easier) by unchecking Bandwidth Management under Preferences, BitTorrent.

NOTE: This does *NOT* disconnect existing uTP peers/seeds, it only prevents new ones from connecting! A restart of uTorrent (or at least affected torrents) is needed if you want to immediately disconnect uTP.

Archived