"Already in use" error

signe

Just started seeing this a few minutes ago. It's claiming that my account is already in use, but when I login from the site, I get the '404: Remote client returned an error' message.

Edit:

This cleared up for a little while yesterday, but it's still occurring.

From uTorrent, I get the error stating the the account is already in use, but logging in says that it's not connected.

I can't imagine anyone else being connected with my username, especially since I can still log in with my u/p...

• 2 weeks later...

I had my user name, and able to log remotely. However, in between I had to format my computer and put on a new Windows O/S. Now I cannot use my existing user name. I see that you were describing a verify file in other posts. I think lost my verify file while I was formatting my hard drive. Is there anyway to retrieve my file now, or recover my user name? I don't know how to get my existing user name. I can prove my password if need. Thanks.

icon256 - You should be able to use existing username as I was able to after sending email.

already in use

Moved client to new machine. Is there a no way to move username to new machine?

If you send us an email at falcon@utorrent.com with your username we can "free" it to be re-associated with another system.

To everyone who's been getting the "username already in use" error, we discovered a misconfiguration last week and corrected it. You should be able to connect if you'd been seeing this error. Please give it another shot, and thanks for your patience during the beta.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am still getting issues with this "Username is already in use". I hope this is reported issue and it is just not me. Anyone else with this?

If I connect successfully then shutoff or reboot, try to re-connect using same computer, it says "Username is already in use". I can't connect using this wonderful new feature. I am hoping someone else either has this issue or can tell me how to solve it. Thanks for the help and development!

Archived