uTorrent Data Send Error 10053

overkilled1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi just thought I'd post in here rather than start my own thread and waste space (:

Was downloading a torrent at around 200kb/s went to get a drink it was on 0.1. Have left it for hours and no improvement, I then turned my router, a Netgear Dg834G off for the night to no avail. (annoying because the torrent was 92% :( )

The tick at the bottom is green but if I run a test, it either gives me a red cross for test one and a yellow tick with an asterix for test 2, or two red crosses. The errors given are either 10053 or 10060.

I have tried the following things I have found online;

1). Checked all firewall settings, and port forwards.

2). Recreated the exception rules

3) Disabled DHT

4). Enabled access data sources across domains

5). Updated the client

^). Changed speed test locations

I'm not very good at this so the rest of the posts I did not understand

I'd appreciate any help at all, thanks :)

After much research into how to throttle one of my flatmates insane amount of torrenting, I found a way to deliberatly make this error happen. Some of you that don't run your own router or have access and don't know where to look might have other people on your network doing this to you. I found that I could set incorrect static routes in my router to prevent his torrents from connecting to the tracker. I set up 5 or so static routes for the most popular trackers and he either gets time outs or 10053 when running a test. Cheaper then buying a switch to control bandwidth.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, i'm getting that error, with the symptoms shown above.

Everything was working fine, with no problems, and then this error just started, having had nothing change on my network or computer (except possibly an automatic windows update of some sort, have had some fairly recently, and didn't notice this problem straight away)

I have followed the solutions given above, none of which have solved the problem. I have also re-made all the firewall rules and services, with no avail. I have windows 7 and am running off a wired connection that goes through a simple 4 connection switch, to a negear router. I don't think a problem lies within the router or switch though, as it was working fine before.

Any more ideas?

I'm getting the same error too, when I run the test. It worked just last night, now it doesn't right after I updated. I think it utorrent test servers are down most of the time, or its a defect with this version of utorrent. Maybe updating it to a newer version will fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

Me also, I have the same problem.

My utorrent was working just fine with a 800-900 kB/s download and 60-70 kB/s upload speed since months. And then the download speed dropped to around 30-50 kB/s and upload speed to 5-10 kB/s with no apparent reason. I use Windows 7 and utorrent 2.0.4 and I've blocked automatic updates and I didn't make any change in computer configurations. So it can't be a change in windows that's blocking it. Nevertheless, I did all that's recommended on this thread and elsewhere.

- uninstalled and reinstalled uttorent. tried 2.0 version to see if it's the new version causing the problem.

- checked firewall rules. removed utorrent related ones and reestablish them.

- disabled DHT

- enabled access data sources across domains

- tried all speed test locations one by one

- enabled protocol encryption outgoing, also tried it with forced

- made automatic "UPnP Device Host "Allows UPnP devices to be hosted on this computer", "DHCP Client", "Peer Name Resolution Protocol", "Network Connections", "Peer Networking Identity Manager", "Peer Networking Grouping", from task manager like dexter03'd said.

I still get the red cross from bandwidth speedtest either with "10060" or "10053" error codes and download rate is still stuck at 40 kB/s.

964178986.png

I would really appreciate if somebody gives another idea.

• 2 weeks later...

now i am having the same problem with error 10053&10060.

i don't know why it's download slow suddenly,my firewall allowed Utorrent.

at first, I am using the wireless download,and then i use the ligne and close the wireless.

later, the speed change very slow..

I tried the speed test,it's show the problem 10053.what can i do for this...help me!!!pleases!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm not sure what kind of things you've tried, but what worked for me was changing some Internet Options.

(In Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

I went to Control Panel -> Network and Internet-> Clicked on Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level

Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, I checked enable.

i kept restarting my computer and nhting changed and tehn wen i came bak from school teh next day it was fixed :D

Everything seemed to work out after that.

Best of luck guys. and ty for ur help

=) =)

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

I'm not sure what kind of things you've tried, but what worked for me was changing some Internet Options.

(In Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

I went to Control Panel -> Network and Internet-> Clicked on Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level

Under Miscellaneous, Access data sources across domains, I checked enable.

Everything seemed to work out after that.

Best of luck guys.

thanks alanbooe this methold worked for me!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody... i was with the same problem, i tried all posted solutions and no one worked for me (i don't know if they helped... but not worked at all)

then i looked at my router firewall and i found that it alows by default 25 Half open TCP Conn.... well, if i can open 25 connections and torrent uses 25... there is no connections for other programs!

so i changed to 30 half connections and it worked now.

i hope it helps anybody!

i tried all the solutions posted here , none worked . now i downloaded vuze and vuze can upload without a problem.

so this must be a utorrent problem :( but i dont like vuze... its not clear enough for me.

so if anyone knows how to fix this post it please

but why arend the mods helping us?? isnt that their job or something? :o

• 1 month later...

Archived