2.0 uTorrent locks up Server 2003

eye_eye

I updated to the new 2.0 software and I've been getting program lockups, every day or so. Generally I only notice it when I check the webui remotely and the page doesn't load. RSS feeds mean the program is left to run unattended most of the time. When I login to check why its not responding, the utorrent program won't pop-up from the sys tray and the process in the taskbar is flat at 95% CPU usage. Have to kill and restart the get it happy again. Nothing else has been changed on the server - it's definitely the update. Rolling back to 1.8 for the time being; never had a problem before now.

I encountered the same problem running Server 2008 R2 - jumped to 50% CPU usage (might be different from yours because of multi-core CPU) and the WebUI was unresponsive.

I noticed another thread with the same issue, and they managed to temporarily solve the problem by unchecking the "bandwidth management" option (located in Preferences -> BitTorrent).

I've tried it now, too, and the problem hasn't yet sprung up again.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Edit: CPU usage jumped up to max again, bringing my computer to a crawl. Unchecking the option did not fix it. Looks like I'm rolling back for now.

There is a known issue with µTorrent 2.0's handling of the alternative listening port. Essentially, traffic to that port can cause the entire application to hang. This will be fixed somewhere in a future release. In the mean time, if possible, please disable the alternative listening port and use the standard listening port instead for WebUI.

Archived